As one of nature’s natural pest control sources, bats are an essential part of the systems around them. While it is nice to have them around your property to eat more pesky critters like mosquitos, the presence of these winged animals can impact your home in various ways:
- Bat guano’s corrosive properties can lead to the destruction of the surfaces it rests on for extended periods of time.
- The build-up of bat feces (guano) in your home can release unwanted germs into the air.
How to Avoid Costly Damage
If you identify bat activity in your home early enough, you can save yourself from costly damages by giving the professionals at Critter Control® Gainesville enough time to remove the bats following the government’s guidelines and regulations. Keep an eye out for any of the following tell-tale signs that you have bats in or near your home:
- Noises early in the morning like fluttering, scratching, and squeaking as bats return to their ‘homes’ after hunting.
- A build-up of guano and urine at the entrances and exits of the area the bats inhabited.
- A stench coming from your walls or attic resulting from the bats’ presence, as well as the piling of their feces.
Contact Bat Removal Professionals
Florida law protects bats and requires specific methods for removal. As such, you should leave bat removal to the experts at Critter Control® Gainesville who have more than two decades of experience working within the confines of these restrictions. To learn more about the services our experts can offer or to schedule your free inspection, call us today at 352-372-3922.